Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HOMEMADE SNACK DAY!!

We took this afternoon to make a BUNCH of snack foods and a messy kitchen! :)

We made kale chips with sesame, garlic, and ginger and JJ loves them! He called them green crackers and has been munching on them all afternoon. I just coated the kale in the sesame oil and ginger, garlic, a little salt, and pepper and baked on low at 350 until crispy.

We also made some cookie dough to freeze and have when we want a special treat. We made oatmeal chocolate chip. But I added wheat grem, flax seed, and a little nutritional yeast. (these double as a milk cookie for me, which helps with my milk supply for evee)

Homemade nutella from this blog! I love the recipe and don't feel as bad when JJ wants it every am on his homemade wheat bread.

Roasted garlic hummus for myself and my mom.

Grahmn crackers! I love these and cant wait to make some homemade marshmallows another day.

Goldfish crackers! JJ loves these and so does Evee and they don't have any icky oils.

Chocolate peanut butter granola bars!

Fruit leather fruit roll ups!

I think we have some yummy healthy snacks now that I can feel good about both of my kids eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment