Friday, February 24, 2012

trying to get into a routine is HARD!!

I have yet again been gone for a while. I am trying to get my family going on a routine. I am following MoneySavingMommy's how to develop a routine series, I have to say so far I am really impressed and have thought about her posed questions. I am not religious so I do not have some of the same answers as the other women following her postings but I still love her insight and thoughts.

I am on day two and here are what I have come up with so far:
I AM NOT AS ORGANIZED AS I THOUGHT!

my five big rocks:
-quality time (reading doing crafts just playing ect) with my children
-time alone not watching tv with my husband
-making our food as wholesome and from the "farm"/homemade as possible
-homeschooling the kids
-exercise and getting back in shape/staying healthy as a family

Next I love how she talks about needing to come up with a "framework". I used to have a morning routine with jj but honestly after evee came I has mostly just gone with the flow. It is really just making things harder for me and giving me more excuses not to do the things I want to do. I am going to make it my goal this weekend to come up with a basis for our routines. I am just making some rough time ideas now.

Morning:
-get up at 8
-get jj up by 830

Afternoon:

Night:
-start bedtime routine no later then 830
-kids in bed by 930 at the latest
-my bed no later then 11 (time to spend with hubby)

I will work on filling in the actual goals around these a little more this weekend and see how it goes.

On a side note I am working on making some changed to my families diet. I am trying to add some new and interesting dinners and lunches to the menu. (another goal of mine is to star to menu plan a bit more to help save money as well as vary our diet more)

I am currently making these veggie burgers to freeze and use as lunches when I am in a rush and want something nutrient packed and yummy! I am add toppings to make them Mexican, Asian, or even just regular hamburgers. I tasted one this evening and I have to say that I am impressed and they are very filling with not a lot of fat or "bad" calories.

I am making a lunch for a friend coming over tomorrow and am excited about it. I love closet cookings blog and have made a few of his yummy looking meals. Tomorrow I am going to tackle making sweet potato and black bean tacos with swis chard pesto.

I also have some yogurt in the crock pot getting ready to be made into frozen yogurt, Greek yogurt roasted veggie dip, cream cheese, and just some good old plain yogurt for the fridge. JJ loves yogurt and I love being able to make it less sugar filled and tailor each day to his mood of flavors. I also have soy beans soaking to make some homemade soy milk tomorrow. I will post recipes and results of these tomorrow! GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! That all sound like some wonderful plans! =] And YUM on the recipes! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete