Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hot/Cold Packs

I am making some more hot/cold packs today, I got the tutorial from here . I changed it a little and since the ones we have made so far have been such a big hit with JJs friends, we are going to make some more for birthdays.

start with the shape of material you are looking to have the final product look like. I started with a large rectangle for this one. (I have made circles and squares)

Then fold inside out and sew along the sides.

Then turn right side out and fill with rice about 3/4 way full (if you want it really full and tight or 1/2 if you want it a bit more loose) you can add a line down the middle stitching to make two pockets like I did as well. (I just forgot to take a picture of this part)

Then once full sew the top closed. I had to hand sew this part because I chose to fill the bags pretty full and I didn't want to break a needle if a piece of rice got in the way.


 You are done! I have added loops with ribbon to the side of some of these so the kids could carry them around and other fun little embellishments. This one is just for Jaedyn and it is not quiet as lopsided as the picture shows but I was not quiet as concerned with perfection here.




1 comment:

  1. Those cold packs are SO COOL! Such a great idea Kirsten! =] Oh and hey, I have a suggestion. Do you think you could maybe change the font that your blog is in? It's super cute and all, but rather difficult to read hahaha. Ya know I love ya girl! =] Love all your Blogging! =]

    ReplyDelete